Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How Strange

... it is to sleep alone. I went this week to some training (2 Days) in Hardy, AR for the Arkansas Downtown Network. We had a group cookout at the Spring river, went swimming and got to meet a lot of people. But after we got back to the hotel and I went to my room, I then realized I would be sleeping by myself. (My DH couldn't go with us and was in Sheridan.)
A few thoughts ran through my head as i realized I would be sleeping alone for the first time since i've been married. "who was going to lock the door for the night?" "who was going to turn off the lights and check everything before we went to sleep?" it was going to be... me.
He wasn't going to be there when i went to sleep and when i woke up. (I know some of you are thinking this is soo sappy and silly). But i was sad. I didnt like the feeling of being by myself now. It was so strange. No one there to pull the covers, or hug you goodnight. How strange it feels be alone after knowing the comfort of having someone there to protect you and hold you. I thank God for marriage and the joys and warmth that it brings and for missing my husband and how happy he (and I) was when i came home today.

1 comment:

The Nelson Family said...

Hey there friend! Looks like you are doing well - it's good to hear from you. Congratulations on your marriage! That is so exciting. I'll definitely be checking in on you!
And, I agree. I hate being alone at night now, especially when the covers are cold!