Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hey good lookin, whatcha got cookin?

Yesterday was a severe case of "the mondays". I started my day at 8:30 sitting in the courtroom waiting for jury orientation. We were done about 10:30 and I made $15.00 just for being there for roll call. The sad thing is, this was one of the few highlights of my day. I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon working with Arkansas Main Street staff that was visiting our town. We had a good tour and ate lunch at Brew Heaven. I heard my theme song of the day "rainy days and mondays" as I ate my wonderful lunch and rested. The rest of the afternoon was spent on the phone, again, between my office and Countrywide, and the closing office. This has pretty much consumed my days since I wrote the offer in June. Did I say June? I meant JUNE!!!! As in 2 months ago. If any of you ever use Countrywide for a loan or any other reason and I find out about it, you will be shunt. They have been the worst company ever to work with.
I get back in the office about 5 to finish up things for the day and show a family at 6:30. I'm again on the phone with the closing company and countrywide trying to get it all straight while getting papers prepared for my showing. This whole Countrywide issue has made my blood pressure high, i've been tense and frustrated for weeks. I was excited about my showing because I thought I would take my mind off of it and give me something else to think about. And it did.
We arrived at our first showing and quickly figured out it just wasn't right for this family. So on we go to showing number 2. We pull into the driveway of a little fixer-upper on a couple of acres. No problem. Its vacant so we go on in and start looking around. As I walk through the kitchen I get to the door of the "bonus room". I open the door and I am greeted(?) by a very strong chemical smell. (Anybody know what i found yet?) I have never seen what i saw before and i could only guess at it, but my buyers guessed the same thing before I told them what i thought it was. I think it is perfectly ok to have a small butane tank hooked up to a small cast iron kettle pot. WHEN YOU ARE CAMPING! Not so appropriate in the "bonus room" of your home. I was extremely grateful I was not showing this home to a family like my sister with small children runnning around. I showed my very first "crack shack".

2 comments:

Anita said...

holy cow!!! did you call the police-what do you do?? you'd think they'd put that stuff up if they're trying to sell their house.

The Reagans said...

No I didn't call the police. the house was "vacant", we kinda wondered if they were in jail. some items such as clothing and trash left but none of importance. It would have been nice if the other agent would have told me. I don't know what else it could've been.