Friday, August 22, 2008

I've seen my children.

Yes i have. I'm not kidding either. You know how you always dream of your family and what your kids will look like. Will they have my eyes, my husbands nose, which traits will show up and which won't? I've seen pics of my DH when he was younger and he hasn't changed much. Same hair color and freckles and such. I thought we had similar traits that our kids might have. He has red hair, mine is brownish red and red runs on my dad's side. We're both tall, have darker/ brown eyes. So you kind of get an idea about what your kids might look like. Right?
My first thought came when i saw pics of some of his sisters and their families. You can pretty much just mix and match their kids and you'll never really know who the true mom is.... because they all look the same. Same shape face, same tootsie roll brown eyes, same light colored skin with rosy cheeks, same redish brown hair. I've heard it call the "reagan look". They're all cute kids, great looking families. Just interesting that all of them look so much alike. And that was just from looking at pictures. You know siblings resemble and share traits, but for the most part have their own characteristics (allen and anita look like mom, i look like dad). Then i met his sisters, and they do, they all look alike. So ok. Pretty good idea what our kids will look like. Down to the 'T'!
Last weekend we were at a wedding and I saw them. Our children. Cutest kids i've ever seen!!! A little boy and girl, probably 2 and 4ish, holding each other's hands as they walked with their mom. Light skin faces with little rosy cheeks, beautiful dark red curly hair, brown tootsie roll eyes and sweet little freckles on their cheeks and nose. They were so precious and so cute walking hand in hand like their mother told them to. It was such a sweet moment for me and Steve because we saw the kids at the same time and then looked at each other and we both knew it was like seeing ourselves down the road a few years from now.

P.S. If by some chance my child comes out with dark black hair passed down from Steve's momma and doesn't look a thing like either of us, then i'll love it just the same.

No comments: